Tuesday, March 29, 2016

RAFiA's WORLD

"When I grow up I want to be a artist and draw beautiful paintings because I like to draw pictures of things. I believe in me that I could do anything."

- RAFiA, 1997



[I grew up in a family of multimedia artists. My mother, ever the archivist, has always encouraged me to date and save my creations.

Recently I discovered a stack of composition notebooks in our dining room closet. They contained my childhood drawings, journal entries, and classwork assignments that my parents held onto. The dates of creation span from 1992 to the early 2000s (I was born in 1990).

RAFiA's WORLD is an online archive of these notebook contents. The name is a nod to the collection of illustrated memories my mother commissioned me to create for her website in 1996. 20 years later, it's still housed there.]

LINK / LINK




No comments:

Post a Comment